Linking a Google Analytics account to your AdWords can help you analyze where people who click on your ads go once they reach your website. This information can help you make improvements on your ads and your website. Please note that you should have administrative access to the accounts you’d like to link.
Linking Google Analytics to AdWords
1. Login to your Google AdWords account, then click the “Tools and Analysis” tab. Select Google Analytics from the dropdown menu.
2. On the dashboard, click on the “Admin” button on the top right corner.
3. On the Account Administration page, click the name of the Analytics account you would like to link.
The name of this account is whatever you called it when you originally set up your Google Analytics. It is commonly the name of your business, or your website.
4. Click the “Data Sources” tab.
5. Next, within the “AdWords” tab, click “Link Accounts”.
6. In the pop-up, use the checkboxes to choose which profiles you’d like to link.
You will also choose how you’d like to set up tracking between your AdWords and Analytics accounts, called Tagging.
If you choose Auto-tagging, AdWords will tag your URLs for you.
If you select Manual tagging, you’ll need to add tags to your ad’s destination URLs yourself.
7. After providing the necessary details, click “Continue”.
8. Check for the green “Success” label to confirm that your accounts have been successfully linked.
Congratulations! You have just successfully linked your Google Analytics account to Google AdWords.
Improve your AdWords campaigns using Google Analytics. Our pay per click marketing agency can get you started.
Download this tutorial here.